Virus Removing: RM5 – RM10
System Maintenance: RM5 – RM10
Driver Installation: RM5-RM15
Other Service / Maintenance: RM5 – RM20
Wednesday, 7 December 2011
Frequently Asked Questions [as of 6 December 2011]
1. What is LaptopUIA™?
LaptopUIA™ is a computer maintenance service run specially for IIUM students. The name denotes that LaptopUIA™ repaires almost all types of laptop in UIA, a famous abbreviation of Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (International Islamic University Malaysia).
2. What type of computer does LaptopUIA™ repair?
We do accept all laptops (notebooks and netbooks), except Apple MacBook.
3. Is the rate of service fixed?
No, you can negotiate for a lower rate if we exceeds 33-hour policy. Additionally, loyal customers will definitely entitle for discount.
4. How should I contact LaptopUIA™?
You can reach us via SMS to 013 222 9654 or email to email@example.com.
5. Where can we meet to discuss, pick-up and deliver the laptop?
We can meet at any major spots of all kulliyyahs in IIUM.
B [i] Windows® 7 Professional
1. Will I get a genuine version of Windows® 7 Professional 32-bit / 64-bit, as well as Microsoft® antivirus?
Absolutely! With only RM30, you will get a genuine version of Windows® 7 Professional 32-bit / 64-bit, as well as Microsoft® antivirus, a powerful antivirus application for genuine Windows® 7.
2. What is the difference between 32-bit and 64-bit? How to determine whether my laptop is compatible to 32-bit or 64-bit?
Please refer to the Microsoft® website.
3. What do I get from a genuine version of Windows® 7 Professional?
You will get a stable operating system with these benefits. Besides, you can update your Windows® 7 Professional for your security and convenience. "Work anywhere more easily and securely" - Microsoft®.
4. It seems impossible to get a cheap price for such Windows® 7 Professional.
No, it is not. This license comes with a unique activation code, directly from Microsoft® and specially for students only. No packaging with the blue box and DVD are included.
5. How many times can I use the license?
As long as you keep your unique activation code safe and secret, as well as you do not use it to another computer, it remains yours, unless Microsoft® changes their policy.
B [ii] Laptop Repair & Service
1. When should I repair my laptop?
- You should repair your laptop if:
- Your laptop is getting slower
- Your laptop automatically shuts down
- Some of your files can not be accessed
- The screen suddenly turns blue and laptop restarts
- Internet connection can not be established
- Some programmes / applications corrupt
- Some parts of the laptop malfunction
2. What should I do if my laptop shows above problems?
You should repair it, perform troubleshooting, and reformat the entire system if necessary, so it will run smoothly.
3. Is reformatting safe to my laptop? How about my data?
If your data is backup properly, yes, it is safe. Reformatting restores a new system to your laptop and cleanses unwanted technical dirt in your laptop system.
4. Does LaptopUIA™ repair any hardware problem?
We may diagnose your laptop for any hardware problem, and we will advise you for further troubleshooting.
Do you have any other queries, perhaps? Please ask in the comment box below, with your beautiful name, or simply leave a message via our mobile phone :)